The following article is for customers looking to rent from CasaOne.
Does CasaOne run a credit check?
In order to provide the best experience for our customers, we run a soft credit check that does not affect your credit score. Soft credit checks (also known as “soft pulls”) typically occur when a company checks your credit as part of a verification process. One such example could be when a credit card issuer checks your credit to see if you qualify for certain credit card offers.
To make this a lot easier (and rewarding) for you, we provide the option for you to get pre-approved now so you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Skip the credit check process later
- Get furniture delivered quickly
Once you pre-qualify, you will receive $25 in your CasaOne wallet that you can instantly apply at checkout Click on this link to get pre-qualified: https://www.casaone.com/v2/pre-qualify
Once you place an order, we may require some additional documents from you to complete the process. Please note that you can schedule a delivery only after your credit check is completed and approved.
Why does CasaOne run a Credit Check?
Just like a property manager renting out an apartment, we run a credit check to ensure our customers are in a financial position to make scheduled monthly rental payments.
How does this work?
You provide us with just a few pieces of information about yourself, and our system will determine the monthly rental amount and lease type that we think is the best fit for you.
Will this have an effect on my credit score?
We use Experian to run a soft credit check, which does NOT impact your credit score
Is your system secure?
Yes, you don’t have to worry. Our systems follow the best security standards. Your information is fully encrypted and safe with us.
What is the quickest way to complete this?
Prequalify yourself! You can submit your information and get an answer to your qualification before you place your order! Check out our article on Pre-qualifying for more details. You can prequalify by following this link: https://www.casaone.com/pre-qualify
What if I'm a student or moving here from a foreign country, and don't have a long credit history?
We use a VantageScore (versus a FICO score) in our credit checks, which captures most short credit histories. If you do not have a VantageScore, don’t worry, we have alternative ways of evaluating your creditworthiness which may simply require additional documents to be submitted.
I received a request to provide documents that verify the information I provided. How do I upload them?
- Check your inbox for an email with the subject line “ Follow up on your CasaOne Order XXX”.
- Click on the ‘Complete Credit Application’ button to access the microsite where you can upload your documents.
- CasaOne takes privacy and security very seriously and has developed a comprehensive set of practices to help ensure your data is secure and safe from misuse.
What are the acceptable documents I can upload to verify my income?
- If you are a salaried employee or hourly worker, please upload a copy of your most recent pay stub.
- If you do not have a pay stub because you are self-employed or a freelancer, you can upload a copy of your most recent 1099 Form and your most recent bank statement(s).
- If your primary source of income is something else, you can upload a copy of your most recent bank statement to verify the account credits related to your source of income.
What is the best way for me to verify my personal cash balance?
If you hold most of your money in one account, you can easily link your bank account after checkout, if necessary. Alternatively, you’ll have the option to upload any of the following documents to the microsite accessed through the email you received with the subject “ Follow up on your CasaOne Order XXX”:
- Checking, Savings or Trust Account
- Brokerage Account, IRA, 401(k), or other Investment Account
- Other documents may be considered on a case-by-case basis
*Statement closing date must less than 28 days before the date on which the document is uploaded
Why do you need my Photo ID?
We require valid photo identification to protect our customers against fraudulent transactions and identity theft. We want to make sure we provide our high-quality service to you and only you!
How do I provide my Photo ID?
- Check your inbox for an email with the subject line “ Follow up on your CasaOne Order #XXX”, and click on the ‘Upload Now’ button to access the microsite where you can upload your documents.
- Please upload a copy of your government-issued photo ID (e.g. State Driver’s license, Passport, or another official state-issued ID)
- Be sure that the photo or scanned copy of your identification is unobstructed and clearly legible.
CasaOne takes privacy and security very seriously and has developed a comprehensive set of practices to help ensure your data is secure and safe from misuse.
What documents do you accept as secondary forms of proof of my identity or address?
We may ask you to provide additional confirmation of your identity or current address, in which case we would accept any of the following documents that should contain your name and current address:
- Bank Statement
- Tax Return
- Cable, phone, gas, or electricity bill
- Lease agreement
- Automobile, homeowner's, or renter's insurance
- Other loan or mortgage statements
- Vehicle or voter registration
- Government-issued photo ID
Why weren’t my documents accepted?
You can try again! Here are some tips to ensure we can accept your documents:
- Digital uploads must:
- Be entirely visible and legible, with no obstructions or missing pages
- Be in color
- Not be blurry
- Have minimal glare
- Be scanned or, if a photo is taken, square with the camera frame
- File size must be 20 MB or less
- Acceptable file types include PDF, JPG, JPEG, TIF, BMP, PNG, GIF
- Ensure each file contains one document type. For instance, your Photo ID will be uploaded as one document, while your pay stub would be uploaded as a separate document.
Is there any way I can rent if I do not have the necessary documentation?
We offer a pay upfront option to customers we think are best suited to make all their rent payments upfront, allowing you to not worry about making regular payments over the rest of your term
How do I pay upfront?
When checking out, you’ll have the option to select monthly payment or pay upfront. If you originally selected monthly payments and later decide to pay upfront, just email us at email@example.com and we will handle it for you. We will send you all the necessary invoices and receipts upon the completion of the charge. It’s as simple as that!
What is covered when I pay upfront?
Included in upfront payments are the remaining monthly due amounts, and, as applicable, the Furniture Protection Plan, Assembly Fee, Early Termination Protection, as well as any taxes.